1 Portobello Mushroom
1 Sliced Sweet Potato
1 Spoonful Dijon Mustard
1/2 a Spoonful Balsamic Vinegar
1/2 a Spoonful Olive Oil
1 Spoonful of Mayonnaise
1-2 Squirts of Sriracha Sauce
1 Kaiser Bun
Smoked Cheddar Cheese
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. While it’s heating up, mix a spoonful of Dijon mustard with a couple of splashes of balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Stir in a pinch of sea salt and pepper, and spread over the Portobello mushroom.
2. Slice a washed sweet potato lengthwise, then rotate and slice again, making sticks. Place in a bowl and cover with melted butter, sea salt and pepper. Spread evenly over a greased cookie sheet, and bake for 18 minutes.
3. For spicy mayo, drop a spoonful of mayonnaise into a container and mix in a squirt or two of Sriracha sauce. Sprinkle in some salt and pepper and mix until colour is consistent.
4. Butter a skillet on medium high heat and place the seasoned Portobello burger in for 5 minutes a side. While it’s cooking, slice your garnishes and bun and set aside.
5. When the Portobello burger is finished, place on the garnished bun bottom side up, plate your sweet potato fries, grab a napkin (it’s messy) and enjoy.
Percent Daily Value based on 2000 calorie diet